Dental Crowns – Deer Park, TX
Protect and Strengthen Your Smile
Do you have a tooth with a noticeable chip, crack, or cavity? Not only can these problems make chewing uncomfortable or awkward, but you may feel self-conscious about smiling in front of others. In the old days, you would have had to get a dental restoration made of metal, which shone a spotlight on your dental work to anyone who saw you smile. At Deer Park Dental, Dr. Gregg Mosley and our team strive to repair your smile without drawing attention to it, which is why we use ceramic dental crowns to protect and strengthen your smile. If you think you could benefit from custom-made dental crowns in Deer Park, call us to schedule your consultation!
Why Choose Deer Park Dental, Gregg Mosley, DDS for Dental Crowns?
- Completely Personalized Treatment Plans
- Short Wait Times
- Experienced Dentist Who Tells It Like It Is
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that Dr. Mosley can place over a compromised tooth, completely shielding it from further damage. Often, a tooth that has been restored with a dental crown can be saved from extraction for years, if not decades.
While metal crowns are quite durable, they stand out compared to the rest of your smile. That’s why we typically use ceramic to create your restoration. This material can be personalized to mimic the natural color of your teeth while also being just as durable as traditional metal crowns.
Do I Need a Dental Crown?
Dr. Mosley may recommend a dental crown in a number of situations, such as:
- Protecting a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Holding the pieces of a broken tooth together
- Repairing a decayed tooth when a filling is not enough
- Shielding a severely fractured tooth from additional damage
- Improving the appearance of a cosmetically imperfect tooth
- Restoring a single dental implant post
- Support a dental bridge
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
Receiving a dental crown generally takes two appointments with your dentist in Deer Park. First, Dr. Mosley will prepare your tooth by filing it down ever so slightly. While this step permanently alters your tooth, it also ensures that your crown will look and feel natural within your smile. Next, we will capture impressions of that part of your mouth, which will serve as the groundwork for your crown.
You’ll wear a temporary restoration while the dental lab crafts your permanent one. It should be ready in a few weeks. At that point, you’ll return to your office and we’ll make any last-minute adjustments to your crown before cementing it onto your tooth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
When talking about methods of improving the health of your tooth, don’t be surprised if Dr. Mosley brings up the following benefits of dental crowns:
- Provides you with a seamless appearance
- Seals a tooth away from further damage
- Supports a weakened tooth
- Allows you to bite and chew with ease again
- Hides aesthetic flaws
- Can last for a decade or longer with minimal maintenance